Heeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, How YOU doin’?
Happy Friday everyone!
This is what it looks like outside my office window..
Not too awesome.
I am sure some of you are shaking your head at me
for thinking THAT looks like bad weather,
but don’t forget, I live in California.
It rains… never.
According to the weather report,
it might rain today…
and for the next 6 days!
If you didn’t know,
California is in a MAJOR drought so we could use some rain-ige.
Unlike the people in this video,
I totally hate running in the rain.
Like for reals.
Some people LOVE it!
Like those weirdos who live in New York, Seattle and Portland.
[Just kidding, you guys are cool]
I hate it when my shoes get all soggy and stinky
and my hair is soaking wet.
Just because I might hate running in the rain,
doesn’t mean I allow myself to skip a workout.
You gotta make it happen folks!
And I did..
Look! I am even smiling!
A couple of tricks that I have found that make running in the rain easier are:
1. Get a comfortable waterproof jacket (the one in the picture above is from Columbia)
2. Make sure your electronics are protected- put it in a sandwich bag if necessary
3. Find the proper headwear! Brooks and Saucony both make a couple water resistant hats
4. Dry out your shoes! Stick them in front of a fan and shove some dryer sheet in the soles to prevent shoe “stank”.
5. Last, but not least… Run anyway- a soaking wet run is better than no run.
Well, that’s all for today!
How is the weather in your ‘hood?
Got any fun plans for the weekend?
Do you like running in the rain?