Happy Day to you!
I leave tomorrow for San Francisco to stay with my sister, and run the Hot Chocolate 15K race.
I can’t tell you how excited I am!
I have been wanting to run this race for a while now, so it’s great to be able to cross another race off of my bucket list.
This race series has so many perks, it’s nuts.
In celebration of my race this weekend, I thought it would be fun to recap all of the reasons why you should run this race too!
1. The race swag. As you can see below, the finishers mug is HUGE and filled with a fantastic assortment of goodies. On top of that, runners get a finishers jacket and a cool hat.
2. The race bling. Finishers receive a medal that looks like a chocolate bar! However, don’t let your post-race runger get the best of you… it isn’t an actual bar of chocolate, so don’t attempt to eat it.
3. Sweet Aid Stations. Each race has 4 different candy aid stations complete with: M&Ms, Chocolate Marshmallows, Chocolate Chips and Strawberry Marshmallows. I am in heaven!
4. Two race distance options. The race offers both a 5k and a 15K! In my opinion, both distances are pretty achievable to most runners.
5. Will Run for Chocolate. Come on people, who doesn’t love an entire race that is centered around chocolate!
6. It’s just plain fun. From the cool expo, to the sweet stations and the finishers party- the entire race is a blast!
7. Get some cool “extras”. Thanks to my special friends at BibRave.com I have special codes for a lot of the Hot Chocolate races in 2016.
Each code gives a free Hot Chocolate headwrap!
Dallas – 2/6/16 – BibRaveDAL
Nashville – 2/13/16 – BibRaveNASH
Vegas – 2/28/16 – BibRaveLV
Seattle – 3/6/16 – BibRaveSEA
San Diego – 3/20/16 – BibRaveSD
Philly – 4/2/16 – BibRavePHI
Minneapolis – 4/16/16 – BibRaveMIN
8. Hydrate with Nuun. As a Nuun Ambassador for 2016, I have to mention that Nuun is a sponsor of this race. So, while you are working off the chocolate you have/will consume before, during and after the race, you can hydrate with Nuun!
Talking about this race has made me both very hungry and extremely excited about running this race!
Stay tuned next week for my race review and recap.
Like this post? Share it with your peeps!!
22 thoughts on “8 Reasons Why You Should Run the Hot Chocolate Race Series”
I’m running the Seattle 15k! Just a week after a half in Phoenix. I’m really looking forward to it. Thanks for the fun preview.
Yes! You are going to have so much fun!
This looks like an absolute blast! Wish there was one closer to us. I love in western nc so I guess Nashville would be closest?
There you go! 🙂 I highly recommend registering, it is so much fun!
Thanks for this review! Looks like a a great series!!
It really is!
Make them do this in UK! brilliant!
hahahahah. I will get on it!
Love it! For all the above reasons. Wish there was one in VA, NC, or SC!
Give it time, I bet it will be coming to you very soon! 🙂
I love it! This is my kind of run. Have fun!!
Thank you! I DID!
I ran this race last year in San Francisco! Lots of fun, hopefully it’s not too foggy and you can get some great views of the beach! Good luck!
The views of the beach were breathtaking and the waves were huge! The only struggle was the last few miles- straight up hill, OI!
I ran the St. Louis one this year and loved it!! Have fun and good luck!!
Thank you so much! 🙂
That looks awesome!! My race is the weekend after my first 5k of this year, and while I hate to drive to Dallas, I think I have to put this on my list for next year. 🙂 Good luck and have fun!!!
YES! Thank you! It was a great race!
LikeLiked by 1 person
This one looks great! I would love to do it. You had me at chocolate. I wish they would bring this series to Canada. Although Seattle might be doable!
You should do it! It is so much fun!
Have a great time! It sounds so fun!
Thank you! I hope to! 🙂