Published courtesy of JulieCat in the Kitchen’s blog:
Monday was a long day this week, and I was seriously contemplating the option of ordering take-out after work (super greasy Chinese seemed like the perfect ending to a busy day). However, a sudden burst of creativity and the need to unwind in front of the stove (cooking relaxes me, I know I’m weird) made me think otherwise. I made this within a half hour and it was sooooo worth the extra effort:
Steak & Mushroom Pasta
– 1 to 1-1/2 lb Flank Steak
– 2 Cups Mushrooms: Sliced
– 3 Cups Arugula
– 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes: Halved
– 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
– One Package of Rice Pasta (Or regular pasta)
-1/2 to 1 Cup Cup Water
– Olive Oil
1. Bring water to boil and cook pasta. Drain and set pot aside.
2. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil to a frying pan. Turn on heat to medium and let the pan heat up. Cut the flank steak in half (I got mine from Trader Joe’s and the whole thing won’t fit in a regular pan- you may have to add extra olive oil after the first cut is cooked). Cook each cut of meat seasoning with a little pepper until each is cooked to your liking (I seared them for a few minutes on either side). Set aside and cover.
3. Keeping the pan juices from the steak, add the water a little at a time, stir and simmer. Add the cheese and stir. Turn the heat down and add mushrooms to the sauce. Saute for a few minutes and then turn off the heat.
4. Slice the steak thinly and add to the pasta.
5. Add the mushroom sauce, cherry tomatoes and arugula to the pasta and mix well.
6. Serve sprinkled with a little extra cheese and enjoy!
10 thoughts on “Foodie Friday: Awesome Steak & Mushroom Pasta”
Yum!! I whipped up a stir fry the other day and pulled out some Chinese noodles… and at the last minute pulled out my zoodle to make zucchini noodles to go with it instead, and oh my goodness – that was awesome! I can’t wait to make more!
YESSSS! I love zoodles!!! 🙂
That looks delicious!
Thank you! It was!
mouth watering…drool…feed me now!! lol should not look at food porn right after a run, makes me way to hungry! 😉
I know the feeling!!!!
Really great! 🙂