Published courtesy of JulieCat in the Kitchen’s blog:
I love cooking dishes that incorporate “special” ingredients, and most of all, I love recipes that are quick and easy (who doesn’t?). This salad was so good, and it was ready in just a matter of minutes! You have to try this one.
Scallop & Spinach Salad
– 1 lb Fresh Scallops
– Cherry tomatoes: halved
– Sweet Corn: cut fresh from the cob
– Green Onions: sliced
– Cilantro: chopped
– Fresh Garlic: 2-3 cloves chopped
– Olive Oil
– Fresh Ground Pepper
– Lemon Juice
– Apple Cider Vinegar
– Avocado: sliced
1. Rinse scallops and pat dry. Toss with olive oil and season with ground pepper.
2. Make your dressing by combining a couple tablespoons of olive oil, one tablespoon of ACV, one tablespoon of lemon juice and fresh ground pepper. Toss the spinach in the dressing until evenly coated. Set aside.
3. To a pan, add a tablespoon of olive oil, fresh garlic, and green onions. Turn on the heat to medium and cook for a couple minutes.
4. Add scallops and sear, cooking for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until they are a light golden color.
5. Plate your salad and add corn, tomatoes, cilantro and fresh green onions.
6. Arrange the scallops on top of the salad and add a few slices of avocado.
OC Half Marathon Commitment Countdown Update:
RatherBeRunnin’ here with a quick update for you.
Today is currently T-Minus 44 day and so far, I am sticking to my commitment to eating healthy and making good choices.
I feel good!
But, let’s be real here… its day two.
The next few weeks will be the real challenge.
But, I am confident that I can and will succeed!
See you next week… where I will talk about my first experience pacing a Half Marathon and my review of the Modesto Half Marathon.